Charcoal Fumes Kill Two In Anambra

Tragedy was reported to have struck the family of one Bernard Ezeuboaja, when his wife identified as Obiageli Ezeuboaja and her 12 years old House Help, were found dead in her room on 15 July, 2020.

According to the Police account, a report was made at Aguata Police Station, by a family member who is identfied as Bernard Ezeuboaja, of Umuchiana village, Ekwulobia in Anambra State, that on 15 July, at about 9:am,he discovered that his wife Obiageli Ezeuboaja, aged 65 years and her house boy, Chikamso (surname unknown), aged about 12 years, never woke up from sleep since the previous night. As a result, he opened the door and discovered their lifeless bodies.

Following the report,Police detectives attached to Aguata division were said to have visited the scene and rushed victims to the hospital for medical attention, but they were all certified death on arrival by a medical doctor.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, SP Haruna Mohammed, said in his statement that police preliminary investigation, revealed that the deceased set a charcoal fire in order to warm the room due to cold weather leaving all the windows closed and without ventilation.

Meanwhile, Police said they have recovered the charcoal container as exhibit, while corpses were deposited at Ekwulobia hospital mortuary for autopsy.

Investigation was said to be ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

-Dedeigbo Ayodeji

Leave A Comment